Tuna steaks on the bed of lettuce
I have discovered an almost forgotten bag of mixed baby lettuce in the fridge and I remembered I got some frozen tuna steaks. Not new to mixing meat with fresh lettuce (see another similar meal), I have decided to give it a go. Once I got inspired about flavoring the tuna steaks like this from the web. I used to eat cod, salmon, other fish chunks cooked on various ways, so once I bought tuna steaks, not knowing how to prepare them but determined to have a try. This is when the Google comes handy. Today I did the same as previously, which was:
- Let the tuna steaks thaw (if frozen).
- Pat them dry with a kitchen towel/tissue
- Mix a tea- or tablespoon (depending on the amount of fish, mine were two small steaks) of dark soya sauce and olive oil and add about a teaspoon of garlic granules.
- Put the steaks to an oven proof dish and coat them with the mixture.
- Bake on 180 centigrades in the pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes – depending on how well done you want them and how thick they are.
That is it. I simply emptied the bag of lettuce on a plate, sprinkled on some extra virgin olive oil and placed the lovely smelling tuna steaks on top. They were moist inside and full of flavor, nicely dominating the rather neutral taste of the lettuce.